Followers

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Back To School ATC

ATC's and Back to School projects are my favourite and when ATC India announced their theme as Back to School...it was like two of my favourites doubled up together....woow...so I jumped....I joined the ATC swap after a long time as I had been damn busy with my exhibition preparations from April-August....so it was even more special....and believe me I loved working on this.....so take a look

ATC 1:

This is in the closed form....




That's how it looks after being opened...

 

The base of the ATC is a brown Fabriano textured cardstock..on top I have mounted each panel with a black Fabriano and on that taken the Echo Park For The Record collection - Newsprint Pattern Paper...smudged with yellow ink on the edges ....very lightly though...


 Closer look at the panels....the first panel has a stamped image of crayon...something very essential in the school days ...the next panel has pencils and an eraser...the first writing materials of a kid...and the third panel has a stack of books with a stack of apples...apples were my favourite snack while doing my homeworks late in the night....so I decided to include them.....and the last panel has the alphabets and numbers with which our early learning days thrive on....


All stamped images are on Brustro watercoloring paper and  colored using Tombow Markers and then I have done some fussy cuts ...and stuck them with the help of a glue gun...

Entering this for Digi Darlas-How Do You Fold

House Of Gilli- Anything Goes

Pixie Dust Studio Pixie Challenge-Anything Goes

Make It Monday-Anything Goes

Tuesday Alchemy-Anything Goes

ATC 2:

I designed this one as a mini pocket card and instead of a card ...I made a mini bookmark as an insert....bookmarks being the basic in a back to school project....


Here again the base of the ATC is a maroon Fabriano Cardstock....on which I have mounted a black Fabriano Cardstock and again the Echo Park For the Record Collection- Newsprint Pattern Paper ...the punched border is the Fiskars Sunburnt Border Punch....The bus is a stamped image on Brustro watercoloring paper and colored using Tombow Markers and I have added two red blings for the headlights and fussy cut the edges...


That's the inside bookmark...same base Fabriano cardstock has been used like the pocket card ....then I took a white Fabriano Cardstock and ran it through my Cuttlebug with the letterpress embossing folder...and smudged some yellow ink over it...though lightly...



The pencil images on the bookmarks are also stamped images ..the same as I used in the first ATC...

So whats your latest project till now???

20 comments:

Karen Wilson said...

Now this is super cute and fun!! Thanks for sharing with us at Digi Darla's!

Laine Kammeraad said...

Wow Saumya your Back to School ATC project is absolutely amazing. I love all the details you have incorporated into it. Absolutely fabulous!!

Thanks for leaving such a sweet comment on my blog and for becoming my newest follower. Good luck in my Blog Candy Give Away.

Hugs and smiles from your newest follower!!

Laine

Crafting Vicky said...

super cute project. Great back to school!

Thanks for joining us as Digi Darla’s Challenge this week. Hope to see you again next week. DT Crafting Vicky

yyam said...

Ooooh...these are soooooooo cute! Just love the happy colours! Super fun!

Nikki said...

These are both fantastic ATC size but so much more must remember these thanks for the inspiration :) hugs Nikki C

Denise Pustelniak said...

Both your creations are fantastic1 Perfect for back to school! Thanks for joining us at Digi Darla's.

Dr Sonia S V said...

Such a cute project Saumya and it was so nice talking to you today

Saumya said...

thank you all....:)

Saumya said...

Thank you...it was a pleasure talking to you too!!

Saumya said...

oh my I just realised that you are following me :) hugs dear and all the best for your candy

Saumya said...

Thanks Yvonne

Crafterkhush said...

your fav topic and u nail it.. love that accordion one.. it is outstanding...!!

Michele said...

Now this is just darn cute!! Love the bright primary colors! Thanks for showing us at Digi Darla's this week!! Hope to see you again soon!

Marjorie said...

Wow! This is just beautiful hun...love your colouring, so bright and cheerful..have become a follower so I can pop back and see what other amazing projects you make:)
Hugs,
Marjorie
xx

Lisa Minckler said...

Super cute! Love your ATC and the mini bookmark!! I love the back to school theme too....my kids on the other hand....LOL.

Thank you so much for taking the time to link up your talent and creative ideas with us at Make It Monday!
Happy Crafting...
Lisa xx

knitmachinequeen (KMQ) said...

Fantastic creation! Thanks for joining us at Digi Darla Challenges.

Jacqueline Smith said...

What an awesome creation, love the colouring. Thanks for joining us at Digi Darla's!

Eileen Ng-Frumkin said...

How sweet is this! Thanks for sharing this fun creation with us at Tuesday Alchemy!

Eileen

Sakhi said...

As usual, too good :)

Yone said...

Tks for joining our Challenge at House of Gilli Blog ! Yone