Followers

Friday, October 5, 2012

My Dream Piece for My Room

As a kid, sorry ...that's a real mistake  ...I think even now...am a stationary freak...I mean age has nothing to do with it...by stationary I not only mean ..pens or diaries but also stuff on walls...be it storage related...decor related....or just a handy post it page...anything!!! I was hardly allowed posters on walls (my mom was too strict and did not want me to spoil "her" wall...am still figuring out why was it called "her" wall!!) ...which I would have otherwise loved to just showcase my art and sometimes my dreams and aspirations and inspirations!!!

None the less I was happy to go through a magazine and finally not only find the inspiration but also the zeal to try and venture into something new and create something which was not only fun to use...but also fun to make!!!  I discovered the fun of "Memo Boards"/"Bulletin Board" ....

 Am really sorry for the bad picture quality but I was in a hurry ...the light not being on my side and I had to get them ready for packing to dispatch!!!


 I took some canvass...painted them with acrylic paints ....took a cardstock ..punched a border on one side stuck it up....and embellished it with flowers and a tag....so that the person who owned it could put a photograph of herself/family or friends and write her name /occasion /event to personalise it ...
If you see I have added to colorful wooden clip with the help of glue gun to make them sturdy...one can fix their to do lists...home work lists....shopping list ..anything to the clips and they would hold it tight....The blooms are from Itsy Bitsy!!!

Entering this for Art Impressions Stamps-Pink for Breast Cancer

Sassy Studio Designs-Think Pink

Cup Cake Craft Challenges-Think Pink

Link up for Pink


Here's another girly one that I did in the similar fashion!!!! The swirls and flourishes are thick chipboards from Itsy Bitsy...so is the butterfly...which has been misted and colored with Spritz Copper Shimmer from Aditya's store...both of them my favourite online stores ....and Aditya is the most beautiful and wonderful human being I have ever interacted with....Not only is he prompt with his replies ....he is someone who cares to pack the products so well that you are sure they would reach you without a scratch!!!

Entering this for Ccee Stampers-Use Chipboard



After doing two girly boards ..I did a slightly boyish board with spaceships as the theme!!! The clouds are thick chipboards again from Itsy Bitsy....colored with white acrylic paints and misted with shimmer that the camera has not capture at all...:( sigh!!!

Entering this for Daisy Doodles Creative Challenges-One For the Boys

So what do you have to say....aren't these handy....not just handy but once up on the wall....am sure they would serve as a beautiful wall decor!!!

13 comments:

Tee said...

These are FREAKING AMAZINGLY FABULOUS!!!

Renee Matarese said...

Very creative. The clips are cute! Thanks for joining us at Art Impressions. Renee

Unknown said...

Oh, these are so sweet and adorable!! Thanks for joining my Think Pink Challenge over at Cupcake Craft Challenge this week! Good Luck! Hugs and sunshine

Link Up for Pink said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
JustYolie said...

Saumya we appreciate you visiting the other linked projects, but you don't have to them all. :) :) We only asked to visit five. :) :) :) Hugs!

Yolie - Link Up for Pink

Saumya said...

hey I did it as I wanted to ....not because your instructions said so :)...I love seeing what others have done ....thanks

Donna said...

Lovely card and such pretty flowers you've used. Thanks for joining in the fun at Cupcake and good luck :) Donna ♥ x

JoanieMc said...

Really cute card and thank for joining Link Up for Pink and good luck in the draw.

Hugs
Joanie

Sabrina said...

Those chipboard flourishes are wonderful. A memo board is always useful - a pretty one is a real bonus! Thank you for playing along with the CCEE Stampers this week.

Debbie said...

Wow, you have been very! Love the idea. Thanks for joining us at DTBST Pink Challenge and good luck!

DebbieM
SSD DT

Esther said...

Cute cards!
Thanks for joining us at Link Up For Pink!!!!

Kerry said...

Totally fun, totally make me smile! Thanks so much for joining us at Art Impressions challenge!

Crafterkhush said...

Dude.. I am playing catch up with your posts.. I love the third one...and those flourishes are really awesome.. Super work... One of this too please... *puppy face*